"To announce that there must be no criticism of the president, or that we are to stand by the president, right or wrong, is not only unpatriotic and servile, but is morally treasonable to the American public." -- Theodore Roosevelt

Powered By Blogger

One of Salem Oregon's Unofficial Top 1000 Conservative Political Bloggers!!!

Wednesday, December 2, 2009

Response to Obama's Afghanistan Speech

I was unable to watch the speech last night. I did read the transcript though and man... Maybe I'll post about it when I feel better. I'm afraid I unable to write much right now.

In the meantime, check out Victor Davis Hanson's dead-on response to the speech (h/t Pat @ So it Goes in Shreveport).

"That was such a strange speech. Deploring partisanship while serially trashing Bush at each new talking point. Sending more troops, but talking more about when they will come home rather than what they will do to the enemy. There was nothing much new in the speech, yet apparently it took the president months to decide whether even to give it."

Click on the link and read the rest. It's well worth the time.

No comments:

Post a Comment