"To announce that there must be no criticism of the president, or that we are to stand by the president, right or wrong, is not only unpatriotic and servile, but is morally treasonable to the American public." -- Theodore Roosevelt

Powered By Blogger

One of Salem Oregon's Unofficial Top 1000 Conservative Political Bloggers!!!

Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Happy Birthday Critical Narrative! One Year of Blogging Down and Who Knows How Many to Go...



Yup. One year of blogging... It's funny. I never meant this to be a purely political blog, but the events of this past year seem to have shaped it into just that. Well... worse things have happened.

I'll lay off the ruminations and reflections that often go with this sort of thing. I will say, however, that even though this is a relatively rarely visited blog, this year has not been the lonely, big empty that I expected when I first started this largely cathartic project.

To my wife, my great thanks for putting up with me (an unenviable task most of the time), especially during my long rants that resulted from reading thousands of pages of incredibly bad health care "reform" legislation. I cannot find the words to express my appreciation for your boundless patience. This blog would never have existed without your whole-hearted support and encouragement.

To all my various readers and fellow bloggers (almost all of whom I have never met in person) I have to say that I am very grateful for the support and kindness offered to me over the course of this year. Your sympathy and kindly words during my computer crash and my health issues were especially appreciated. It really means a great deal to me. Thank you.

And now onward. Another year to go. More bad legislation, more political spin, more hard Left Obama, and more attempts at creating big nanny government await...

2 comments: