"To announce that there must be no criticism of the president, or that we are to stand by the president, right or wrong, is not only unpatriotic and servile, but is morally treasonable to the American public." -- Theodore Roosevelt

Powered By Blogger

One of Salem Oregon's Unofficial Top 1000 Conservative Political Bloggers!!!

Saturday, June 12, 2010

Jerry Brown Said What? Seriously?


Jerry Brown, California's Democrat gubernatorial candidate, compared his Republican opponent Meg Whitman to Nazi Minister of Propaganda Joseph Goebbels. He also said that Whitman was outspending him and in two months Brown would be portrayed as "a child-molesting..." This is not a joke... at least not on my end.


"Brown boasted about his legendary frugality. "I've only spent $200,000 so far. I have 20 million in the bank. I'm saving up for her." It's true - his stay-on-the-sidelines, bare-bones primary run cost him almost nothing, at least in California political terms. But he also fretted about the impact of all those eBay dollars in Whitman's very deep pockets. "You know, by the time she's done with me, two months from now, I'll be a child-molesting..." He let the line trail off. "She'll have people believing whatever she wants about me." Then he went off on a riff I didn't expect.

"'It's like Goebbels,' referring to Hitler's notorious Minister of Propaganda. 'Goebbels invented this kind of propaganda. He took control of the whole world. She wants to be president. That's her ambition, the first woman president. That's what this is all about.'

"I pointed out that most politicians want to be president someday. Gavin Newsom, for example. 'Sure, sure he does. But they can't control it. Look at Barack Obama, he got in and it's all out of his control. I wanted to be president. I ran for president three times, you know.'"

Oh, Jerry... I'm too young to remember him being governor, but I've heard the stories and I remember at least one of his runs for the presidency. If there was a choice between Alvin Greene and Jerry Brown for any office, I'm honestly not sure who I'd pick.

Later Brown's camp had this to say (also from Sovern's blog):

"Jerry Brown's campaign spokesman, Sterling Clifford, confirms to the Associated Press that the conversation took place, describing it as 'a discussion after a chance meeting while they were exercising. I wouldn't vouch for the accuracy of it, but I also don't want to dispute the accuracy of it. It was jogging talk taken out of context.' He says Brown was not comparing the Whitman campaign to Nazis.

"UPDATE: Friday afternoon, Jerry Brown issued the following statement: 'I regret making the comments. They were taken out of context.'"

You know between Whitman vs. Brown and Boxer (need anymore be said about this woman?) vs. Fiorina (she who is responsible for the demon sheep ad), California's political races are going to be awfully entertaining. Is it any wonder that California is currently circling down the giant toilet bowl right now? Oh, and I lived in SoCal for 33 years, have I mentioned that?

1 comment:

  1. The only surprising thing about this is that he apologized. What on earth prompted that? He's got the leftist "get away with calling people Nazi's free" card.

    ReplyDelete