"To announce that there must be no criticism of the president, or that we are to stand by the president, right or wrong, is not only unpatriotic and servile, but is morally treasonable to the American public." -- Theodore Roosevelt

Powered By Blogger

One of Salem Oregon's Unofficial Top 1000 Conservative Political Bloggers!!!

Tuesday, August 18, 2009

Added New Link! "The Chinese Jar" Blog

I've just added a new blog by Chris M. the same blogger of snaggletoothie of the Loyal Opposition-- The Chinese Jar to the Blog List.

The Chinese Jar promises to focus on the great books and, hopefully, be a forum to discuss the ideas contained within. As Chris M. says : "The great books are the books that have made major contributions to the great conversation. And that conversation is the ongoing discussion through the centuries of the major issues that have occupied mankind. Here are some of those questions. What does it mean to be human? What are good and evil? Is there a God? What is the nature of God? What is the best way to organize a government? How much can we know about the world? What is the nature of beauty? How should I behave towards my fellow men?"

It's exciting for me, although right at this moment, with the health care rush and two different bills to chug through, I doubt I'll be able to read Joyce's "Sisters" and "Dubliners" with the attention and clear mind such work requires any time soon. But still check it out if you like great literature. Discussing great ideas has kept me sane for the passed 23 years (since I was 13).

No comments:

Post a Comment