"To announce that there must be no criticism of the president, or that we are to stand by the president, right or wrong, is not only unpatriotic and servile, but is morally treasonable to the American public." -- Theodore Roosevelt

Powered By Blogger

One of Salem Oregon's Unofficial Top 1000 Conservative Political Bloggers!!!

Friday, October 2, 2009

Chicago Will Not Host 2016 Olympics: Rio is In


Congradulations are in order for Rio de Janeiro. This will be, I think, the first Olympics held in South America.

I'm not going to gloat over Chicago's failed Olympic bid. But I do find the reactions of several news anchors slightly amusing.

First this one from CNN (video at link): "Chicago is out?! Madrid... is still in?! Tokyo is still in?!"

And then this from WGN in Chicago (video at link). "Did we hear that right?"

After all the hoopla , Oprah, and the First Lady's "taking no prisoners" attitude, this must have been a bit of a blow to Chicago's ego.

I was actually pulling for Madrid (I've always had a fondness for Spain) with Rio a close second. I hope they don't wait until the last minute to get things done, like Athens did. We shall see.

No comments:

Post a Comment