"To announce that there must be no criticism of the president, or that we are to stand by the president, right or wrong, is not only unpatriotic and servile, but is morally treasonable to the American public." -- Theodore Roosevelt

Powered By Blogger

One of Salem Oregon's Unofficial Top 1000 Conservative Political Bloggers!!!

Wednesday, September 16, 2009

Legal Insurrection on the Race Card: Dead On

Check out this post by William A. Jacobson "An Allergic Reaction To The Race Card." I think Jacobson really nailed it in that post. Excellent.

The Left seems to not understand that the more they cry racist at mere opposition, the more pathetic they seem. Yet, this isn't just a matter of "crying wolf" too many times. It's also a matter of polarizing the US, creating racial divide while the country was in the process of coming together. Creating and exacerbating racial strife to score political and mascot points is an action beneath contempt.

I've got to add that I have a definite soft spot for Jacobson's blog. It was only after reading his blog for a month and listening to a webcast radio interview he did with, I think, Mark Finkelstein that I gathered myself up and decided to start my own blog. Jacobson was, and continues to be, an inspiration for me.

I hope that doesn't sound like hollow praise, or a conniving appeal for more notice. It's not.

1 comment:

  1. It doesn't sound like hollow praise to me, because I had a similar experience. One day I accidentally stumbled on Professor Jacobson's blog and proceeded to read it daily after that. I was heartened by Jacobson's forthrightness in conducting a thoughtful conservative blog while teaching at Cornell University in Ithaca, NY, a neighborhood that, in my experience, offers considerable social, political, and academic repercussions for expressing ideas outside the prevailing Progressive groupthink of the moment, unless the ideas proffered are even farther to the Left.

    Professor Jacobson's blog has been a beacon for me and inspired me to start my own blog.

    Now I think I'll have to look up that interview with Marc Finkelstein.

    ReplyDelete